Hello I have tried for some days following tutorials and creating a mod. Every attempt have worked in the editor but not in game after cooking.
Last bunch of tries has been to just remove all engrams from the engram list in gamedata.
- I have used the genericmod files and renamed them properly, keeping the required parts. Even tried with the default gamedatas copying and renaming those.
- Tried with forcemapload TheIsland and empty, have set the primalgamedata to the correct one in the level.
- Tried with using my renamed gamemode aswell as the default game mode.
- Wrote the mod name and description in the primalgamedata.
- Tried running the launcher as admin and not.
- Checked the output directory that they contain the required files.
- Tried to cook and upload to steam aswell as to my mods folder.
- Had friends testing the mods and they dont work.
Cooking generate 1255 warnings and no errors.
I am on windows 10.
SOLVED: THere was a two part problem! First of the loot mod I attempted to make before was simply not working. You cannot swap out dropped inventories and remap the npc to your modified one.
Second was local testing, you need to copy the content inside “yourmod” folder to the “123456789” folder for it to work… Amazing all them tutorial and it never mentioned that part.