Bears Can't Drift! Game Dev Blog

new camera head!

Looking forward to further updates :slight_smile:

I love it!

Brilliant! This give me diddy kong racing feelings. I’m digging the art style too. Keep us updated, I’m looking forward to play this game :smiley:

Like the new look of the camera!

Thanks guys, glad you like it. I have been doing lots of work and my Hub world is now up and running! If you are interested in how I did anything then feel free to ask :smiley:
Doing some different designs for the final bear. Let me know what you think!

So I checked back in on my greenlight entry for this game and it turns out it got greenlit over a week ago :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like Bears Can’t Drift is officially coming to Steam! Assuming I can finish it of course

Congratulations on the greenlight! I’m more of a fan of the old and fat bear. It had more charisma, because you know, he was fat. The general silhouette was more interesting. New one looks good, I just like the old one better.

Thanks for the crit @brunogruber. Here is the new new bear let me know what you think.

Had some more good news! Bears Can’t Drift was part of Polycounts monthly recap!

The new bear looks like a good compromise between the two, but hard to judge without seeing him the vehicle. The old bear is comically over-sized for his ride ha, ha.

New bear intro animation

Looks good :slight_smile:

New bear works on vehicle -thumbs up!

Been quiet lately. Managed to get it working on PS4 with the help of the Unreal Team!
Created a new podium for the Bears to change character!

Finished the windmill for the first level

Also did a lighthouse for one of the new levels

Two new levels mocked up!
One easy

One Hard

So much Crash Team Racing nostalgia :rolleyes:
Looks great, good luck finishing it!

I really like the art style you have used. I’m a big fan of karting games and you’ve definitely hit the nail on the head aesthetically. Looking forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

Nice progress so far. Are you using UE4 spline tool for tracks ?

thanks guys! I am not using the spline tool in unreal for the tracks. I model them in 3DS max. :smiley:
More work on the hub world for forest theme

Love it! Good art work, good everything, keep it up brotha, following this one!

Looks super rad! Love the art!