BCI-UE4-Plugin - Brain-Computer-Interface for Unreal Engine 4

@ChromaStudios this is very recent. Code knowledge should be not required. But keep in mind that we do not officially support the Muse due to their policies

OK awesome! Hopefully i’ll be able to delve into it this weekend to see how involved it is or if I need to spend a little more time on the basics in Unreal too. Thanks again!

Hi,
I recently bought the BCI UE4 plugin and I’m having problems connecting it to openvibe.

This is what I’m doing:
in open vibe I run this scenario

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2

in unreal i changed the pawn from the example file to read openvibe

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2

When I play the level nothing is printing as if no data are received.
Any idea about what I’m doing wrong? :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hello @AresFF

what version of openvibe are you using? We were in contact with the developers to make OV2 and OV3 compatible, which is done by now, but not yet included in the current build. You can either use OV1 until then or drop us an email (bottom of the forum post), then we can send you an updated version manually.

Best

Lee

Will do, thanks!

I have just read all the forums because I want to use your plugin and it looks super awesome. Can’t wait to start prototyping, so far I decided to use Muse, but if there are better hardware (the price doesn’t matter) please write me!

It would be great to get native support for Neurosity Crown, that looks like a ■■■■ cool device, developer-friendly with a proper SDK!

Hello, I have just bought this plugin which seems interesting however I do not understand how to make it work properly. Is there some documentation or easy tutorial that I can follow? I checked the example level but for someone who has only ever worked with BCIs and not UE it is a bit difficult to understand how to move. Is anybody willing to share some working prototype done with Openvibe?

What EEG headset are you using?

I am simulating one with OpenVibe

Sorry for the late reply… so did you manage to get it working? You just need to set a TCP writer in OpenVibe and read from the same port within UE through the plugin. It works perfectly with OpenVibe 3.2 + the iatest plugin update in the editor at least (didn’t try a build yet).

Hello! I loaded the example project and have run play through Unreal Engine, but can’t figure out how to use the graphical user interface. It will not appear for me to adjust settings. Is it suppose to automatically pop up or is there a separate program I have to run?

Hello, I also have the same issue, I cannot locate the GUI. Did you manage to find a solution?

Hello Skan, I gave up on this for some time to focus on some other work but I am coming back to this now. Since you apparently made this work, would you be so kind to give me some guidance from the start? Say I create a brand new project in UE with just a cube in it and I want it to move left or right according to some signal I classify in real time and stream to UE by using Openvibe. How do I connect the two? The GUI to select the signal source is nowhere to be found for me. Thanks in advance

Hi! Can’t remember how I started exactly, but IIRC I just took bits and pieces of the demo map (BP Player, etc…) and adapted to my needs on a brand new map. As for the GUI, never used that apart from some initial tests, I just open the connection from Pawn BP with OpenVibe already up and running in the background. Just set up a TCP node in Openvibe and check the port is the same in both UE and OV. Anyway, have a look at the pics and see if that helps! :slight_smile:

This is how you call the GUI (IIRC) from within BP Pawn:

This is my start-up code instead (always inside BP Pawn):

Then you get the signals’ values and do your things:

P.S.: Just remember to add the OpenVibe component from the BCI Plug-in in your pawn!
Pawn_component

P.P.S.S.: Be aware that both OV and BCI plugin are set to Signal and not Matrix!

Does your plugin work with the VRPN output in OpenVibe too? Difficult scenario as I have a legacy system which feeds VRPN Button Server data into UE4 via a python script.

Hello, Thanks a lot for this amazing plugin. Can you kindly share the plugin files with me? The project files are there in the link below, but they are missing plugin files.

BCI-UE4Plugin - Public - Google Drive