[Battle Hexes] Veteran C++ Coder looking for Artists to network and work with

Hi there I’m a C++ coder with 7 years of console game industry experience looking for fellow UE4 devs to network. I’ve always been a fan of PC games so I thought to myself what the heck why not make some PC games in my spare-time. When it comes to hobby projects of course the problem is always to find nice people to work with. That’s especially true in the early phases before there’s flashy graphics to show. But I figured why not drop a post here and see if maybe I can find a few potentially helpful people that way. Of course I’m always happy to help with coding problems of yours when I have time. Just so you know: I generally try to avoid Blueprints like the plague unless they prove somehow useful to delegate work better :).

As for my project I’m currently working on a hex-based tactics game prototype similar in concept to the Fire Emblem / Langrisser series and the likes. Most of the work I’ve done so far went into things under the hood but for what it’s worth here’s a screenshot of the latest prototype:

Project Title:
Battle Hexes (working title)

Description:
Battle Hexes is a turn-based tactics game with RPG elements. The player controls commander and their units on a hex-based grid and battles enemy commanders and their units. The goal(s) vary by map and can be anything from routing the enemy, occupying a point, surviving for a number of turns, etc. The combat mechanics are similar in style to games like Fire Emblem and Langrisser but generally offer more tactical depth and less randomness.

Planned Features:

• Intense Battles against numerous foes
  • Leveling and character progression
  • An action packed multi-linear story full of love, betrayal, epic warfare and juicy hexes!
  • An AI that grows ever more relentless with each new battle

Team Name:
tbd

Team Structure:
Me - Gameplay Programmer, Project Leader

Previous Work:
Portfolio: http://krautdev.net

Talent Required:
3D Art Generalist: - 1

• Some experience with 3D modelling and animation software (eg. 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, etc.)
  • Some experience providing assets for gamedev projects ideally in UE4
  • Passionate gamer with ability to keep himself/herself motivated

2/3D Character/Concept Artist: - 1

• Some experience using 2D and 3D software
  • Some experience providing scribbles and concept art for 3D characters / monsters on request
  • Passionate gamer with ability to keep himself/herself motivated

via PM
Email: aleit at krautdev dot net
Twitter: @Gigapete

Really interesting project! Hope you find the people needed :slight_smile: