Basic unreal apartment wip

I am getting weird shadows when I get up close to objects in the editor, here is picture of what happens, does anyone know how to fix this. I am using UE4.11 and default lighting. Anyone know how to fix this?

It can be vigneting (in the postprocess volume) if the screenshot is just an area of the total view. If you got that shadow all around the view surely it is.

Also it could be ambient oclusion.

How do I get rid of these weird artifacts on my walls, Ive tried everything I can think of but I just cant get rid of them.

Have you tried with lightmaps resolutions? with BSPs lower values means higer resolutions. Try with 1, maybe 0.5 or 0.25 in floors.

If these walls are static meshes then uv maps can be the problem.

So when using bsp i should use a small number, but what about when i convert them to static meshes can I raise the resolution, because ive been keeping the bsp resolution at its default 32 and then raising it to 512-1024 once I convert it to a static mesh?

Double clicking on the mesh in the content browser you acces to the mesh editor. There you can visualize it´s uv maps by clicking the uv button. You can take a look there a and post a screenshot if it´s necessary.

One thing I havent done is change the UV channel in my converted meshes, am I supposed to be doing that as well?