Bamboo Forest Shrine - UE5

Bamboo Forest Shrine

Screenshots

Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:
Quixel Megascans - Textures

Screenshot - (in editor)

• Description

Hi, my name is Vivek and I am from India. I’m a self-taught artist trying to make compelling environments which tell stories. I started my 3D journey back in school as a hobby. And now it’s something I want to do rest of my life.

I have always had an interest in Japanese culture, food and architecture. And with this project, I wanted to challenge myself to make an environment using more effective and flexible ways. The deadline I set for myself was 45 days and thankfully, I was able to finish it in 50 days. I would like to thank all who have helped me with the project by giving me feedback.

• Engine version - UE-5.0
15 Likes

Attention -
I used concept art by amazing Huyang - ArtStation - Huyang

3 Likes

Congrats @yakuzaknight99 , really impressive work.
You nailed the atmosphere of the concept art ! :astonished:

2 Likes

Thanks man! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Greetings Vivek!

Welcome back! When I found out your name is Vivek, I immediately thought of The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind’s Vivec (I’m sure you’ve heard this before. LOL!).

It’s very amazing that you are self-taught! This project looks like a beautiful painting! I love the way the rays of sunshine cast a faint, ethereal, ambient light between the dark, filtering trees, and how the numerous candles softly illuminate the presence of Buddha. You’ve captured a place of honor, reverence, and peace.

How many years have you been working in digital art? Where do you see yourself in the next five years on this path?

Hi

I know right I always thought my name was kinda cool. Thank you for your kind words.

I have been doing 3D since my school days as a hobby. Made some personal games with friends just for fun. After the covid lockdowns, I decided to take 3d seriously. And this is the result. Still so much room for improvement.

On this path in 5 years, I want to be an artist whose only limitation is his imagination. The power to bring anything to life is what I want.

1 Like

hahaha Unreal!!!

1 Like

Thanks !!!

This is really beautiful. Fantastic work on the individual candles lighting and mood overall.
Superbly created.
Best of luck with this brilliant piece of art.

1 Like

Thank you, friend! Glad to hear you liked my work.

1 Like