Ballistics impacts & other violent VFX/Particles

It’s been accepted to the marketplace, so I’m now just awaiting the planned launch date from Epic :slight_smile:

As an aside, last week I got a bad case of dry eye (too much looking at screens I guess!) which delayed my work a bit. But I’ll be completing the sound set and decals this week. The frag explosion is almost complete too. I’m guessing by the time the UE4 marketplace version is launched I can likely include those in with it.

I was informed today that the planned release date is may 11th :slight_smile:

I have an issue with water impact in 4.11.2, doesn’t look right, maybe I am doing something wrong?

Hmm, so only the water looks wrong? Do you have a screen shot you could send me or video?

Looks strange, but it works ok on your system and map, I am using another product (HHAdvancedWeapons) to do the shooting, think it could be something to do with that, will let you know when I sought it out.

If you need any help just let me know :slight_smile:

I haven’t used HHAdvancedWeapons, but using Generic Shooter. Had same problem where the water and other effects didn’t look right - the angle was way off. But it’s not hard to correct. If you look at CubitStudio’s BP, you’ll see how it’s properly rotated that matches the particle assets. Basically take the hit info’s “Impact Normal” Result and apply the same math that is in CubitStudio’s BP to make the proper rotation on z and that result should plug into ‘Spawn Transform Rotation’ of the spawn actor node.

Hopefully that makes sense. :slight_smile:

Hi morbidipus,
Thanks for your rapid response to my problem (Looks strange), the email you sent me solved the problem.

Ah ha, thanks for helping out there Morbidipus :slight_smile:

No Problem - was fresh on my mind since I ran into the same situation - glad it worked out.

Ok, so we have version 1.0 up on the UE4 marketplace :slight_smile:

So, both gumroad and UE4 marketplace have their advantages and disadvantages. The Marketplace has a more streamlined auto update process and it’s integrated with the launcher … However gumroad users will get access to updates much sooner because I have direct control of uploading updates on gumroad, whereas I must submit them to Epic and wait for them to update the marketplace (which can take a week or such, so far). The contents the same however, so ultimately the choice will be whatever preference you may have :slight_smile:

Launch Trailer 1.0:

Update 1.1 progress update “A”

On a side note, I’ve had a few requests to purchase the canister BP on it’s own. Would that be something people might want to see available as a separate package? It could be the BP and associated smoke/explosion/sounds + some canister meshes/materials to go with it (different shapes/sizes of gas canister etc) - I’d probably stick it on for about $15-$20.

Not sure if this was asked before, will this pack also have impact decals?

Also, more as a suggestion. Could you clean up the projectile blueprints so that the impact visuals are are a bit more detached from physics? I have a solution in place for bullet physics already in place, so I only need the impact fx.

Yes indeed, a first set of impact decals coming in 1.1 - not too long for that update now, primarily in the polish stage.
I can look into separating parts of the BP into smaller commented segments if that makes it easier :slight_smile: After 1.1 update i’ll likely improve the BP’s a lot in general and tidy things up into functions.

Does not have to be much, just segment the code a bit into comment blocks, so we do not have to fight the kraken.

fighting the kraken = trying to understand someone else’s blueprints.

Blackcat: Understood :slight_smile:

I’m going to be away from the computer for a few days, had a sudden family bereavement last night and so I need to have some time off. I will tend to any messages/etc when I return however and then will get back to finalize and ship the first update. So apologies to anyone in advance if I don’t get back to you quickly in the next few days.

Hello everyone.

Just a quick update to say I’m back working on the pack and will be aiming to submit to epic after this coming weekend asap. I have also completed the frag grenade, which is looking nice - though eventually I’ll be doing a couple of variants on that post 1.1 I suspect. I’ll try and post up another preview video this week too.

James

I’ll be uploading the 1.1 update tonight on gumroad, and also submitting to epic for adding to the marketplace.
Then onto 1.2, which will be including major revamped blueprint examples that should make migrating the FX and associated blueprints much simpler - in addition to more FX.

Hey will you be submitting the update for 4.11? Just wondering because some have not moved to 4.12 …because issues!