Ballistics impacts & other violent VFX/Particles

Great effects!
One question, correct me if i’m wrong but is it me or aren’t there any impact decals included?
If not then that would be a request from me! :slight_smile:
Also, one thing that would be cool is to have the liquid effects/particles to leave decals where they “land”…
Shoot water will leave wet spots if you get ehat i mean?!
J

must have read my mind! :slight_smile: for the first update I’m adding a bullet decal set and also splash decals such as blood splats/water splash decals too, which are triggered by particle collisions :slight_smile: (as well as the other FX of course and the first pass sound FX)

excellent work.

Sweeeet! Then this one mister will be a definitive buy for me! :smiley:
J

This is really cool stuff. Great work.

Definitely on my list of things to buy! Great job on your indie game BTW :D. I wonder if you could add throwing a grenade(smoke and fragmentation)?How about bullet drop? You should make a Battlefield 4 clone with 100% blueprints, I would buy that even if its 200-500 USD!!

BTW is all this stuff multiplayer ready? We need it for our online FPS. And is your indie also 100% Blueprint?

just to tell all it is a Great pack ! i am using actually for my game project and it works perfectly !!! 5 stars for this package !

arbopa, JuanGauthier, : Thanks! :slight_smile:

SonKim: Frag grenade explosion is coming in the first update. Bullet drop is already present because it’s an inherent property of the UE4 projectile class. The projectiles are generally fast enough that won’t notice the bullet drop in the confined space of the test level, but you could artificially increase/decrease the drop force by changing the projectiles gravity scale float. I’ll probably add rifle range part in the test level and simple air resistance for the second update with penetration FX. Although I haven’t set up anything for multiplayer I cannot see any reason why you couldn’t use the FX in multiplayer.

Creating a full first person BP system for a BF4 style would be completely doable, though there are lots of aspects to it which make it out of the scope of this FX pack (all the associated hand/gun/animations, for instance) I have thought about doing something like that though, so perhaps once I’ve done what I want to with this pack :wink:

Jago138: Glad you are happy :slight_smile:

I look forward to picking it up… unfortunately if things go as they seem to have gone in the past, it could be many many many months before epic get’s it all taken care of and on the market.

Oh really?? I didn’t realize that it can take that long to get up. Still, that’s not the end of the world I suppose, I can just carry on working on the update content and the gumroad version is there for those who really need it asap.

Well, it seemed for quite a long time it was like that, I hope epic has improved with that… yeah a lot of people got fed up with the wait and used gumroad to sell. I know epic said they have worked on the process. Guess we will see and hope for it is quicker.

Glad to hear about the bullet drop, i didn’t know that! There is definitely a market for BF4 style 100% blueprint, and if it’s really polish(seem your good at releasing polish stuff) you could sell it for 200-500 USD. We do have generic shooter but…its not really polish, and lacks features(melee weapons and a class system to name a couple). I’ll probably invest in it and your VFX pack in the near future, just to learn from the blueprint :). That muzzle smoke looks sick, it will look great on a MG42 :smiley:

Keep up the great work, but seriously is your indie game which looks great 100% blueprint? It looks amazing.

SonKim: Thanks! Yep, at the moment everything is BP, that may change soon but I’ll be trying to do as much as I can via BP’s.

This is sooo cool! Is it mobile friendly by chance ?

Is the gumroad version v1.0 or v1.1? Thanks

SDRLabs: I’m currently working on the 1.1 content so it’s 1.0 right now. The gumroad one will include all the same updates as the marketplace version, so it really comes down to whatever sales platform people prefer - both will have the same content and updates etc.

Motorsep: It’s hard for me to say for sure because I don’t do mobile development. Can anyone give me pointers to the general particle count/rendering bottlenecks of mobile devices and I can try and evaluate. The particle count for these are generally pretty modest (in my experience anyway!)

So is the gumroad UE 4.10 or UE 4.11? Or if you can include both versions? :slight_smile: Looking to pick this up soon - since Epic might take a bit to release on the marketplace - thanks!

Both 4.10 and 4.11 versions are up, and I’ll be putting up another little 4.11 update next week with some fixes for the 4.11 (I noticed that some epic gremlins tweaked something between 4.10 and 4.11 that has resulted in the particles materials (particularly alpha/brightness curve related) looking a bit brighter/more solid, so I’m going through each particle and tweaking them so they match my original 4.10 versions.

This weekend started some prototyping of the bullet penetration/tumbling:

@CubitStudios,

That literally put a smile on my face :). Amazing working!