Bad tracking with Metahuman Animator

Hi guys, i wanna ask a question about the face capture with metahuman animator. I’ve done four different capture with four different people and when i imported the xls file to unreal and applied to a metahuman character i had always a problem with the tracking. The movements of the mouth was really bad, only the last person that i’ve done the tracking was good, so i don’t know if the problem is the iphone becouse it’s too old(Iphone XS) or the fact that when i was register the capture , on the screen was showing the message that the phone is too hot and it slow down a 30fps and this message some time was continuosly flickering, or maybe the illumination of the face because in the last person was different than the others.

Hey @Solas_1

We share details of the best practices for capture in our documentation:

The iPhone XS is not officially supported or tested, as it’s computationally not performant enough for sustained shooting.

Hope that helps!

Hi james, thank you for the answer. Yeah infact i imagined that the phone was not perfect for this type of thing. Which one you advice to buy ?

The iPhone 12 is the recommended iPhone device, we list the compatibility here:

Perfect ,thank you :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.