Bad pathfinding

Hello! I am working on an AI for a game however things aren’t really working out as planned specifically when it comes to path finding when using versions before 4.24 the path finding works fine but when using UE4 my character walks into chairs and tables without finding a sensible way to get around them, if anyone has a solution please leave it down in the comments :slight_smile:

How does the navmesh and the navmesh settings look?

it’s just the default nav mesh settings except I change the max slope to 89 degrees and the minimum to 120 I tried it with the normal settings and still happens then

All decor does affect navigation

the whole problem is I do want them to collide with it but I don’t want them to get stuck on it because they walk into it though it happens and all meshes do affect navigation it’s just the path finding want get any reasonable options for the AI to walk to

Is the object/ mesh are marked to be a navigation blocker in the component details?

then make them affect it !? if you do not want to collide with it

adding an invisible blocker around the mesh might help otherwise try changing navmesh agent properties in the project settings

Just looked at debug and the path finding does seem to be working fine but my AI is working into decor without me getting it to even do so I get it to walk to a point but it walks into the decorations instead of walking around and it only reached the objective by sliding around the decorations