Bad Gizmo location

1. Select an Actor
  2. Move Actor
  3. Hit “Reset to default” in “Transform - Location”
  4. Actor resets its position but gizmo is not

Hey Esidar,

Thanks for your report. I’m not able to reproduce issue you’re experiencing. If I click on an Actor, move it, then hit Reset to Default, Actor is moved to origin with Widget in place. Is there any additional information you could provide, any steps I’m missing? Does it happen with every Actor, in every Project?

Any additional information might help us reproduce this. Please refer to this post regarding bug submission and let us know your system information as well:

Best,

Happens on a base scene (2 chairs and a table) in editor build from “Unreal Engine source code for version 4.0.1 (changelist 2027741)”.

After short investigation: during Widget display, FEdMode::GetWidgetLocation() returns location from “GEditorModeTools().PivotLocation” and PivotLocation is not being updated after [Reset to default] and holds old value.

Hi Esidar,

I wanted to check in and see if this was still an issue. We would be more than happy to assist you if you are still having trouble.

Thank you!

Hi Esidar,

We have not heard from you in quite some time. I am going to accept 's answer for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this issue please feel free to comment so we can continue to assist you. Thank you!

I actually see this quite a bit with BSP. After translating an object, usually after messing with its dimensions in geometry editing, gizmo tends to wander. It’d be nice if you could just recenter it.

Can you give me specific steps that I can take to reproduce this on my end? I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end yet.

I can still get this to happen.

Follow these steps:

1. Create BSP block brush
  2. Edit it’s geometry by dragging a face
  3. Deselect brush
  4. Reselect brush
  5. See moved gizmo (you can recenter but it doesn’t keep after you deselect)

You can amplify this effect by copy/pasting same brush that you modified over and over. It can get very unwieldy after a while. You can always bring a “fresh” brush from Place menu and start over, but copy pasting brushes is a super quick way to brush out a level.