Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:
Quixel Megascans
PolyHaven
City Street Props - Dekogon Studios
Freeway Props - Dekogon Studios
Ultra Dynamic Sky - Everett Gunther
AnamorphicCamera BP - Bluray Addict
The rest (urban trees, ivy, architectural components, etc.) was created by myself.

Introduction
Hey! My name is Son Nguyen and I’m an environment artist currently working in the UK. I felt the idea of creating this project not long after my trip to Bergamo, Italy with my partner. I still remember vividly when we were just wandering around the city and then came across an urban hub on the main street. It was around 4 or 5 pm, we tried to reach it but couldn’t find a way. But even looking at the hub from far away, the scenery looked breathtaking in the sunset and felt almost surreal. I then quickly captured a few pictures as some reference that I might be able to use later. After a month or so when the Unreal Challenge was announced, I decided to take on the challenge and took this chance to bring that memorable scenery into a 3D virtual world. I got a few ideas of how to make the most use of having the latest UE5’s groundbreaking technologies and this is the time to try things out. And I was surprised as things like a million polys tree, or thousands of individual leaf meshes, all kinds of crazy stuff like that were never made possible before but now it can be handled pretty well in Unreal Engine 5. Nanite and Lumen are just opening up many possibilities of different workflows and procedures that help us push the quality of the real-time environments towards realism. Overall, I’ve had a great time so far with UE5 and I hope you like my project as well.

Music: Gustavo Santaolalla - Chichina

Engine version: 5.0.2

17 Likes

Incredible job on the photo realism, those buildings and trees look soooo good!

4 Likes

Love the soft lighting! Very well done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is completely unbelievable, I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it’s made inside unreal engine and not a scene from the real-life!!!.. Kudos for the great work

3 Likes

It looks incredible!!

3 Likes

This is an outstanding piece of work. Your level of realism is amazing. Like others have said it is really hard to believe this is created in a game engine.
Superb work. I feel like i’m standing there.

2 Likes

Great work. It Looks super realistic. You Rock man. :+1:

1 Like

Incredible job. Love the soft lighting! Very well done :+1:

1 Like