Automotive/product Lighting friendly UE4 - More Lighting channels or a new method please!

sure i get that but if it is being touted as visualisation software for product/automotive and arch viz it should have the tools allowing creatives to be urrrr creative…so having more than two usable light channels to work with [3 if you count the default channel for all static meshes] should be offered. otherwise how can you light things with precision and seperation like is required in those fields.

UE4 does a lot of things brillantly and offers so much and is why greedy folk like me would like more from it so we can do more with it and ditch everything else!!:wink: But it is of course difficult to be jack of all trades without becoming master of none. I should know!

I know it’s a tangent, but I thought that lighting and reflections go pretty hand in hand.

As I mentioned, in Unity, you have a dozen or so lighting layers to fake away with, and when it comes to reflections, you can select reflection probes on a per object level, which avoids pretty much all of the problems with Unreal.