Automation Tool Errors!

Hi there,

I would like to know what exactly is the UAT…??

Every time I try to cook or package a project I just get the same error everytime!!

“BUILD FAILED: The automation tool was unable to run successfully”

What am I doing wrong???
Should I run ue4 as admin???

I basically can’t release my game to my friends because of this and it’s VERY frustrating!!!

Any help would be AWESOME!!

-Brandon

Hi ElridiuS -

Can you let me know if you are running the engine from the Launcher or from a GitHub build and whether your project is Blueprint Based or C++? Also, it would be helpful to see your projects logs which should be located in the Saved Sub-Folder of your Project’s Directory.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Running Engine from Launcher.

A mix of C++ and blueprints.

Here is pastebin of the log [2015.07.13-08.45.53:336][ 0]Log file open, 07/13/15 10:45:53[2015.07.13-08.4 - Pastebin.com

Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Hi ElridiuS -

First, if your project is using C++ try building in Shipping after building in Development and then try to package this may compile certain framework items which are not initialized in your project.

Also, I am looking through your logs and am not seeing any Build Items. Can you make sure that immediately after you get this error, you upload a copy of the logs.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Sorry to have kept you waiting, but life happened…
Anyway the Packaging seems to work now, thanks but Cooking is giving me the same error now!! :frowning:
Here is the log, It’s very long so enjoy… And THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I uploaded it to a file hosting service as .txt so it’s a bit easier for you to navigate… :slight_smile:
The Link(You can trust the website):http://filepi.com/i/0yPx3il

Hi -

From your log it looks like the Cook component is completing correctly or at least for our critical errors being logged, this section however concerns me:

MainFrameActions: Cooking (Windows): Project.Cook: ********** COOK COMMAND COMPLETED **********
    MainFrameActions: Cooking (Windows): InternalUtils.SafeFileExists: SafeFileExists C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Unreal Projects\CompGame\CompGame.uproject=True
    MainFrameActions: Cooking (Windows): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
    MainFrameActions: Cooking (Windows): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
    MainFrameActions: Cooking (Windows): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Missing receipt 'CompGame-Win64-Development.target.xml'. Check that this target has been built.

Try compiling your project on Development and not Development Editor then re-build your project. The logs are saying something is not compiling as expected for your project.

Let me know -

Eric Ketchum

I don’t understand the compiling on Development and not Development Editor??

I only have Development…

Hi Brandon -

I am referring to compiling the project from the solution file via Visual Studio in Development and then trying to build the project for packaging.

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Ok so packaging is working now,THANK YOU!!! I am getting the same error for automation tool was unable to finish successfully when I want to cook!!! :frowning: This ia getting very frustrating…

Hey ElridiuS -

Are you attempting to Cook and Package for Windows or a different platform?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

We should ask the UE4 devs to fix this

I am having this problem however I don’t know how to build using visual studio… Can anyone help?

turns out my error was to do with missing references in blueprints and the like, I had quite a few…

Yes I agree!!! These is really bad. Is anyone looking in to these serious problem???