Automatic rise after fall

I want my character to rise after a complete stop, for this I have such an event. But it works on pressing the T key.

Hey @S1E4AN.TV,

Not sure what the question is here. Can you explain in more detail what part you are having issues with? Is it finding when the character has come to full rest?

Any additional specifics you can provide may go a long way in solving your problem!

1 Like

Hello Quetzalcodename, I have a RAGDOLL animation on the R key, I also have a character lifting animation on the T key.
But I want my character to stand up by itself without using the T key. I need the game to detect when the character is lying down and start the animation of getting up. I did it through EVENT TICK, but as soon as my character enters RAGDOLL, he immediately gets up.
I need this event to fire immediately after the character has completely stopped.

p.s.
I want to note that I did it according to this guide

Hey @S1E4AN.TV,

So it’s a bit more difficult to simply check if your ragdoll stops moving. Instead what you may want to do is define a bone or bones you want to check are moving, then using a node like Get Bone Location by Name cache that location then after however many seconds of time check and see if the location is the same. You can use that as your bool for a flow control node to call your recover event. Credit for the idea goes to this non-Epic affiliated source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/sfncok/how_to_check_if_a_ragdoll_character_stops_moving/

I hope the above is the solution you are looking for!