Automated testing of a game

On the search for something like Continuous Integration with UE4 I found some nice tutorials about setting up e.g. Jenkins to automatically build your game and distribute it to your team or whatever one wants to do with it. I also found the Automation System in the Unreal Docs that allows you to kind of write tests.
My question now is if it is possible to also automate those tests somehow with Jenkins? If yes, does anyone already have written a blog post or something explaining it a little further as I am unable to find useful info on the topic or even figure it out on myself.

On another note, is it even common practice to automate testing in game development or is this always a manual activity by the developers and playtesters and alike?

Hi it highly depends on the kind of the test.

Unit-tests -> can be automated
System-tests -> same (but wont need it for BPs, but C++ with correct third-party-frameworks)
Integration-tests -> same (but wont need it for BPs, but C++ with correct third-party-frameworks)
Stress-tests -> same (but wont need it for BPs, but C++ with correct third-party-frameworks)

Acceptance-tests -> will be done by your customer/tester/test-team therefore you cannot automate it

I’m not sure about this but the Unreal Build Tool (same as any other build tool like Maven, CMake) should be able to run the tests from commandline, might wanna check the docu.