Auto trigger event on event track in sequence is it bug?

I setup a level sequence in the level, and setup a event track triggering event on 0.5s, just print string “Hello”.
So what I expect is when I play sequence(I put a triggerbox in level, when player overlaps it , it will play this sequence), the event will trigger on 0.5s,and print Hello on screen.
However, if I didn’t close the sequence event graph while run play in editor, the event will be auto triggered when level beginplay.
See pic below:

1.Setup in sequence

2.Event body

3.Run play but don’t close the event graph of sequence event graph

So as I try if you close the sequence event graph and run game, the bug will disappear. If you don’t close this sequence graph, the bug will appear.

Three things to try;

1. Does unchecking the “Auto Bind to PIE” setting cause the issue to go away?

292711-ue4editor-win64-debug-ce2mvcbk7f.png

1. Is your function marked as “Call in Editor” in the Blueprint graph?

2. Are you leaving your time cursor on the 0.5s mark where your event key is?

Sequencer may be evaluating itself when PIE starts and a combination of the above options may be causing that evaluation to happen at 0.5s (which will fire the event) - if the event is Call in Editor then it will get printed despite 1 - if you have option 1 enabled it is creating a second instance of the sequence under the hood (so that you can control it via scrubbing) and evaluating at the current time which is why it fires then.

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

292764-15.png

Yes, by default both are checked like the pic above. After I uncheck these two, the bug go away.
Incredible!Can you tell me what those two options mainly used for in development? Thank you so much~

This can be useful when giving presentations (such as the Reflections demo) where, during the presentation, they want to show off how changing material parameters or other settings affects a cinematic. For example, if you wanted to show off how the Depth of Field quality changes, it’s easiest to run PIE (so the world is up and things are moving) but you still want to pause the cinematic at a good point where there is nice depth of field - you could re-write the Sequencer UI in game, make your own scrubber, etc, but if you’re in the editor, all that UI is already there so it doesn’t make sense to duplicate it all in game if that UI can just control the in-game instance.

Thank you sooooooooooooo much~~~~