Aurora's Journey and the Pitiful Lackey

Hi everyone!

My name is Jose Luis, and I’ve been working on this game for the last 1,5 years more or less in Unreal 4.20 with Blueprints. It’s mostly a one man project (since I lack the resources to hire more people :o), but I work with a wonderful composer (I’m not very good with music myself), and I’ve also teached BPs to a friend so she could help me every once in a while.

It’s a 3D Side scroller shooter with classic mechanics, but with the addition of some character progression, a world that will be explorable and not lineal, and different minigames. Right now I’m still at early stages of development, but I have a couple of trailers to show you (a story trailer and a gameplay trailer), and I’ve opened a Patreon page so people can support the project (since i’ve been funding all the project with my savings alone until now).

This is the story trailer with ingame rendering, and music by the great composer Marika Takeuchi:

And this is the early gameplay trailer:

As I said, there’s nothing revolutionary in the project, it’s just a simple, fun and happy project, something with a bit of charm that some people may like =), and others won’t.

If you like it you can check the websiteof the project, or support the project on patreonif you want!

Thanks!

As part of the rewards for my patreons, y started making minigames so they can play while waiting for the main game. Here’s the unnecesarily epic trailer of the latest one, took around one week to develop. With time I will improve it and add it as a minigame of Aurora’s Journey and the Pitiful Lackey too.