Augmented Reality for UE4

Check out the following link:
http://www.unreal4ar.com/blueprint-nodes/

Hello, I made a similar plugin, but based on OpenCV and open-source.
The current focus is to integrate that with VR displays and additional video sources (like drones).

• can you check your PM and mails i sent you? Thanks.

Hello, I purchase this plugin, but I download failure, can you send the download link again? Used email is 745580913@qq.com.

Hello ,

Sure, no problem! Thank you for supporting my work!

Excuse me for my late response, I am not always getting the notification email from Unreal forums. Checking it now!

Hey ,

Got the the latest version working now with unreal 4.11.2.

Was wondering if you can help me with shadow artifacts. On the ios build. I have a lot of poly faces that are very flat and iā€™m getting horizontal and vertical noise in the shadows on the static mesh.
Is there a way to increase the shadow quality on the Ios build?

Also of Note for those using Unreal 4.11.2 trying to build on Mac OSX from Source. and subsequently need to build to IOSā€¦ I found some weird behaviors.

My setup is on a macbook pro 2015 using Latest El Capitan 10.11.5 / Xcode 7.3.1 / Unreal 4.11.2

When you are trying to first use the commercial plugin and yo go to this page for Unreal Project setup:
**http://www.unreal4ar.com/documentation/

Under the OSX Section.

1. Install xcode from apple app store
  2. unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11 or later)
  3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
    4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
  4. In UE4 editor File -> xcode project (optional)
  5. Exit from unreal engine editor
    7. your new project from epic launcher
  6. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
  7. Click on File -> Package project -> OSX

NOTE:

Step 4 :Make sure to select ā€œReplaceā€ option from the finder dialog box after you try to copy into your project file

Step 7: I noticed that if i use the "Epic Games Launcher That You can get compile errors not sure why.
Insteadā€¦If you First Unreal 4.11.2 directly (donā€™t from the project section in the ā€œEpic games launcherā€) then use the ā€œUnreal Editor Launcherā€ menu that comes up then select the new project it seems to compile fine.

Hope these tips help.

Thanks for you suggestions, and comments!
Iā€™ll check Step 7. I did not notice the same behavior on my end.

Can you please post a picture of the artifact?

Iā€™m trying to have 3 distinct markers display 3 different meshes. Would anyone have an example on how to go about doing this? Or perhaps some pointers? I currently have the 3 markers setup and its working fine, however they all display the same mesh. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Norbi,

The easiest way would be to add all the 3 actors with different meshes to the scene, and control their visibility (SetActorHiddenInGame node) with marker visibility parameter. Check out the ARToolkitSimple mapā€™s level blueprint for reference.

Hello, I have not use unreal, but I am trying to make a quick demo with my own design (I already have a license). How can I change only the artwork to use my own, I mean how can I change the bike for my demo.

Open AR_Actor_TOUCH, and click on itā€™s static mesh component. In itā€™s details menu (on the right) change the static mesh property to your own mesh.

Hi

Iā€™ve update the plugin for Unreal Engine v4.12!
v1.5 Revision 1 for UE4.12 is available for download on unreal4ar.com!

Static Mesh broke

388a97a62ed499d82fcf659fa8da548cc1443e21.jpeg

Does anyone knows why is my model broke? can it be because is too complex?

How does it look like in the editor ?

Perfectly fine! I am running it on an iPhone 6s and an Ipad Pro, in both it look broke.

Can you try to package and deploy an empty project that displays the 3D model only? (without plugins just to see if the problem is AR plugin related)

I already tried, and it runs smoothly. The problem is only when using the AR plugin. :frowning: