Audio Synesthesia

Pitch Detection!

I have made a Niagara system that reacts to any ambient sound in the level, this works great at runtime but when I try to record in sequencer it goes out of sync

any idea on how to fix sync ? jiofi.local.html nox player for pc

I have the same issue with “Get Normalized Channel Loudness at Time” nodes, Did you manage to find a solution, I’ve looked and it’s hard to find an updated tutorial, UE say that the UE5 tutorial is outdated. I would’ve started a new post but I’m finding my way around this forum.

Hi I have the same issue Audio Synesthesia,

The variable type was already set LoudnessNRT, any suggestions would be helpful.

You need to set the fps to 60 in the sequencer and then make sure it is also set to 60 fps in the movie render queue, then render remote. That’s the solution I found to get it to sync.

were these ever implemented? especially the beat grid idea - really interested in implementing something like this.

Ha! They’re all on a long list of features “TODO”, so there’s no clear idea of when/if they’ll be out. There are some open source tools you could use if you are dead-set on doing something with beat grids, but you’d have to be pretty comfortable with using the command line. librosa has a “beat_track” functionality. Essentia is another software library that can do beat_tracking amongst a host of other things.

1 Like

thanks, i’ll take a look :slight_smile:

did you double click the loudness nrt asset in your content folder and assign a sound file to it?
if you did, you should be able to create a loudnessnrt variable in your blueprint , drag an instance of the variable to your event graph and drag out from the output pin and start typing “get normalized”.
“Get Normalized Channel Loudness at Time” was changed from a blue function to a green pure function node without an execution pin so the execution pin would go straight to the set relative scale 3d function.

1 Like