Audio Question

Hello,

This is my first time on this forum. I have a question relating audio. I am not sure how to make an audio actor continuously play a sound file throughout the game. What I mean by that is if I (as a pawn) leave the attenuation zone (Out of the maxradius) and go back into the zone, the sound restarts from the beginning. How can I make it that the audio actor will always be playing the sound file no matter where the pawn is?

I have spend some time learning about all the different sound cue references but it doesn’t seem like I can make any of the nodes in the sound cue blueprint work to my advantage. Is this a more advanced topic or I am over thinking?

Probably Ambient Sound is worth looking!

To accomplish what you’re looking for we would need to have channel virtualization, that is to say processing of the sound even when it isn’t audible. Our current audio system relies on the audio hardware to keep the sounds playing and as such, when the hardware isn’t processing it, it stops and when it picks up again, it starts at the beginning.

We certainly hope to support channel virtualization in the new audio system, but we don’t have any timelines on when that will be available, even to preview.

In the meantime, your only option is to do something with that sound such that when you’re out of range of it is actually at 0.00001 volume and still playing, but that can become an issue if you have many such sounds as the hardware can only support vocalizing so many at a time.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello zeOrb,

I have tried ambient sound but it didn’t make too much of a difference. Thanks though.

Hello Marc Audy,

That makes a lot of sense now. Thanks for the information. It means a lot. The tip you offered me is great help. I hope that channel virtualization can be added into the engine for future users. Thanks again.