Audio Engine Crackling

I’m having issues with sound.

Whenever the ue4 editor is running, or a game is on, all my computer’s sound starts making a crackling sound. I’m trying to find a way to edit audio engine setting, but it doesn’t seem to exist in editor or blueprints.

I usually use WASAPI or ASIO for sound, but I imagine UE4 might use DX or something? is there another way to troubleshoot this?

Using windows 10 on an Alienware 15 r3.
Playing music in the background with different software e.g. vlc, media player classic, youtube through opera or chrome.

Another issue is latency. I’m try to make a music game, and need latency <20ms. My computer can normally do this fine, but I can’t figure out how to tweak this with UE4 without diving into C++

Hey RossUnger,

This has been a long-standing issue with various machines and does not have a specific set of rules or reasons, and seems to happen randomly. We have narrowed down the causes of the issue, but have not been able to reproduce it internally.

UE-8073

You can try some of the suggestions we have for working around this issue, but there is not much else in the way of bug reporting we can do. Let me know if you have additional questions or comments.

Thanks,