Audio Component plays sounds delayed / stutters

I’m testing in the full 4.26 and 4.26.1

Audio that is playing from an Audio Component does not start immediately but with a tiny yet noticable delay if played repeatedly. I’ve setup an automatic rifle that uses repeatet audio plays for the shots and it worked in 4.25 flawlessly no matter how fast I set the fire rate. Now in 4.26 there is a noticable stutter in the audio when it repeats. Same happens if you play a looping sound and a loop-end sound after. There is a noticable stutter between the sounds that wasn’t there in 4.25.

Repro:

• Create New Project with Game Mode and Player Controller, add Audio Component to Player Controller
  • Import any Sound that starts immediately (gun shot, loud looping sound like a waterfall)
  • Set Audio Component Sound to this sound
  • Add Gate and a Space Bar Event to Event Graph of Player Controller
  • Connect Space Bar Pressed to Gate Open and Space Bar Released to Gate Close
  • Connect Tick Event to Gate Enter
  • Connect a Delay of 0.05sec (or any small number) to Gate Exit and Audio Component Play right after
  • Test and hold Space Bar

Result: Tiny yet noticable delays and stutters in the audio when it repeats

Expected: Seamlessly repeating audio with perfect timing. No delays or stutters at all like in UE4.25

I’ve tried all kinds of audio tweaks, but this seems to be an issue that has been introduced with the audio reworks for 4.26.

I changed the engine version so this thread is actually getting looked at (hopefully).

I’ve noticed the same thing. This issue isn’t resolved in version 4.26.1 either.

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks