Attempting single camera first/ third person, perspective issue when switching

Hi! As a complete noob, following tutorials, I noticed a lot of things depend on the camera in use. When I first started with switching views yesterday, I realized that two cameras sometimes means twice the logic to make things work, so I thought it would be neat to have a single camera provide both first and third person, thus the following blueprint (attempt). It actually works quite well, popping the camera to the side a bit once you start zooming out and adding lag and fiddling with controller rotation settings, except for one thing - when I am looking up in first person, then switch, it skews the 3rd person camera badly, same with looking down. I have to be looking forward for it to be smoothly transitioned. I know it has to do with the relative position when you are looking up or down but I am not smart enough to say “Get relative position AS IF the character were looking straight forward”…
There is a video following the blueprint.

just realized the same happens when turning while switching views…

1 Like

For anyone that wants to try this, Just use Set Socket Offset instead of relative location and all good.