Attaching an Apex Static Destructible Component to an Actor crashes the engine..?

I’d like to use ApexStaticDestructibleComponent’s in one of my actors.

It seems that whenever i attach the component, it crashes the engine.

I know i can spawn ApexDestructibleActor, but it’s a bit annoying I can’t just attach the component myself to whatever actor I like.

I’m guessing there’s some native functionality in the ApexDestructibleActor that the component needs.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Sorry man. I never did get destructible actors working in my own game. It seems like Epic intended them only to be placed and destroyed in a specific way. I’d be interested in seeing your updates if you can figure out any kind of custom usage.

Thanks for the responses. I use apex destructable meshes a lot in my game for destruction effects on player build bases, and on various other in games items. They have worked pretty well for me.

Example: Subsistence - Structural Integrity (dev build, work in progress) - YouTube
Another example: Subsistence - Destruction Physics and Structural Integrity (Testing) - YouTube

I use Apex PhysX Lab 1.2.1 (2.8.4) to create the apex assets, and then control when they should fracture through script (rather than relying on the vanilla fracture triggers).

However, it’s just a bit annoying that I have to spawn ApexDestructibleActor’s, rather than just using the component that that actor is using. There must be native dependencies that the component it referencing.

I did use destructible when a shiel gets destroyed emmh I found it kind off complicated and also not that much of a deal, But hey no crashes for me. On that GOTA game. Gladiators game.