Attaching actors from inventory not showing on player

I’ve been following [this Youtube tutorial][1] on making an inventory & attaching items from that inventory to the player. The system is based on an enum with all the weapon or armor slots. And a struct with all the basic item information. Each weapon or armor is based on a parent. The parent has a variable based on the struct that stores all the relevant item information.

You can then set what slot a given weapon or armor piece should attach to. So when i move weapons or armor from the inventory widget they should be visible in the gear widget. And then be attached to the player. Now this script…

My script

Works when i connect it to an event begin play or by custom event. The “class” is the parent item for all items (armor / weapons) same as the reference in the struct.

The next screenshot shows how its connected as outlined in the tutorial. When used like this i can add the item from an inventory to an equip screen. But nothing will attach.

My script as outlined in the tutorial

This [Is a git link][4] to a finished version provided by the maker of the tutorial. The git version is also broken. Even when using the same UE version. Items will attach but “can” disappear when unequipped. I’ve found work arounds for that in my build. But still can’t get the items to attach.

Below is a similar use of the enum & struct that equips (adds items from inventory widget to character equip widget). This works just fine.

Below the character should have the sword equipped and attached. All the bone names match but nothing shows up.

Same script but plugged into “Event begin play”

I know its spawned badly and the collision spheres is visible. My point was to show that the script seems to work just not as outlined in the tutorial. Its been a few days & I am at a loss.I’m going to move on for the moment & use one of the alternatives i mentioned. I’ll keep working the problem after i finish the tutorial. But with luck somebody out there can lend a hand. Did my best to be thorough don’t know what more i can add. Even still please let me know if you need more information.

Take care & thanks in advance