Attaching a Child Actor to another Child Actor's Socket does not work?

Hi,

imagine the following setup:

• You have got a Blueprint that contains 2 Child Actors (1 Skeletal Mesh and 1 Static Mesh)
  • The Static Mesh should be attached to a bone of the Skeletal Mesh (As you can see in the attached image)
  • Bug: The transform of the Static Mesh won’t be updated constantly on tick and it only snaps to the socket transform in the first frame of the game

Hello polygon,

I’ve attempted to reproduce your issue, but the component I was attaching to my mesh was updating as expected. Are you able to reproduce this issue in a new project? If so, can you provide the exact steps that you are taking in order to reproduce the issue? It is possible that I am missing a small detail.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day,

Sean Flint

Hes probably doing what im doing where the “parent” to attach to is actually a child actor component with a skeletal mesh, but the child actor component can be set to different actors, at runtime, so just casting to one class is not viable.