Attached Actor Wont Follow Parent Unless Clicked On Through World Outliner?!?!?!

I’ve been trying to attach an actor to the player to act as an equip system. I’ve ran into this weird problem which makes no sense to me. It appears when I attach the actor it just stays in one spot and doesn’t follow the parent, but FOR SOME REASON, when I click on the actor while ingame through the world outliner, the actor starts following. Is this a bug, or some weird result from the blueprints? I would really appreciate it for anyone to help me fix this issue.

Solved it! I attached the mesh to the default scene root component and it fixed it, although idk why the world outliner would have any effect on the code. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can confirm that I have this issue as well but have not been able to solve it

For me, whatever I wanted to attach I attached it to the actor instead of the scene component. I think that’s why it didn’t work, and for some reason the world outliner probably updated the attachment when clicked or something like that. Try attaching to the scene component instead.