Attach collision to socket issue

I have a skeletal mesh that uses the same skeleton as another mesh, and for this one I want to attach a collision to its arm, and even it shows in the right position in the editor and in the blueprint editor, when I play the collision is in the 0,0,0 point of the skeletal mesh. Am I doing something wrong? I have set my collision to overlap all dynamic.

For skeletal meshes you would use PHAT to add collision to the bones. If you are trying to attach another physical object to a skeletal mesh then you need to use physics constraints.

So, if a skeleton is being shared, I still use PHAT? Because in one SK I have a sword, in another I just have the punch.

So, if a skeleton is being shared, I still use PHAT? Because in one SK I have a sword, in another I just have the punch.

If i understand correctly skeleton and skeletal physics asset are two different assets. So in principal you can have as many phat setups as you want with a single skeleton.

Ok,I see, I’ll have a look. Many thanks!

I have been having a look regarding this, but I don’t see how the PHAT has anything to do with adding a collision to be used as damaging the player. Can anyone give me a hand? I know about sockets, but for some strange reason they do not work, perhaps because I am sharing skeletons between meshes.