Attach character to moving object

I think this issue is simple and straightforward, but it is not.
I use the character’s function “attach to actor”, and set character movement mode as NONE. But character joggles when the parent actor moving.

For my project. I also set my collision to not collide with the parent actor (in my case I just turn collision off)
I also disable component tick

Yeah, I have ignore the collision between these two actors.
Disable movement component tick would cause another issue: Character would be pull back at the moment recovering component tick.

By the way, I develop the projects on multiple players situation.

Hmm. Here’s my full code for attaching my character to a vehicle. It seems to work fine. it may be a setting issue on your character. Its in a multicast function.

MyCharacter->GetCapsuleComponent()->SetSimulatePhysics(false);

MyCharacter->GetCharacterMovement()->DisableMovement();

MyCharacter->GetCharacterMovement()->SetComponentTickEnabled(false);

MyCharacter->GetCapsuleComponent()->SetCollisionObjectType(ECollisionChannel::ECC_GameTraceChannel10);
            MyCharacter->GetMesh()->SetCollisionObjectType(ECollisionChannel::ECC_GameTraceChannel10);

MyCharacter->SetActorRotation(AttachComponent->GetComponentRotation());
            MyCharacter->AttachToComponent(AttachComponent, FAttachmentTransformRules(EAttachmentRule::SnapToTarget, EAttachmentRule::SnapToTarget, EAttachmentRule::KeepWorld, true), SocketName);

Thanks for reply. The code works fine when attaching. But when recovering, character movement component needs to enable tick, and clients are forced to be replicated transform at that moment which make character flash into another location.

I found the solution: setting Character->bReplicateMovement = false instead of calling Character->GetCharacterMovement()->SetComponentTickEnabled(false). That works perfectly in my project. :slight_smile: