Attach a lot of component items to a single component

Hello everyone,
I would like to create shelves in which to put my products that would be arranged in a certain way depending on the product. With the attach to component method I would be able to do what I want but having many different types of products I would have to create too many sockets. Also I noticed that I can’t multiselect them and copy them all together so it would be a big problem. Another probable problem would be the multitude of sockets I would be going to create which would make everything unintelligible, not being able to create groups of sockets and not being able to hide them. Would you know if there is any other solution for this problem?

To give you a better understanding I am attaching a picture of my idea and the problems that all the sockets would generate.

Thanks!

Hi The_Jolly01,

Having that many components and sockets will end up slowing everything down - components are quite a burden on UE.

I made a system to place things like that in rdBPtools/rdInst - they can randomize them too so they’re always different (or set with a random seed) - here’s a tutorial:

Thank you for your reply, maybe I expressed myself wrongly. I want it to be possible to put different objects that the player can decide that also have different sizes.

If I choose that a shelf should only have chips then it sets me the right socket to fit all the chips correctly, but if I want to put something on it that takes up more or less space I have to be able to do that. Like having as many sockets for each product that are different based precisely on the product.

I already know how to implement everything and have it recognize which product I’m putting in etc., but I don’t know how to make it so many sockets without actually having to create them all one by one.

I hope now you understand my problem better.

I see what you mean - perhaps a simpler way to do it would be to do a linetrace on the shelf to find the last placed object and calculate the position of the object to be placed from that?