Async Loading Screen

Hi, I added a folder of images to the additioanl cook file and set their texture type to UI and no compression (because 5.7 doesn’t have the option you see in the screenshot), but the loading window still doesn’t appear when I first launch it; it appears a little later. I’ve already tried different packaging settings, and nothing seems to help.

Does it happen in the packaged build?

Hi, Everything worked, I removed the “Specific movied to packaged” setting and everything worked. I don’t know how this affects the images, but it helped. The rest is as described in the GitHub documentation.

1 Like

Async Loading Screen v1.7.0 now supports PSO Precaching loading.

Changlogs

Tutorial

Enable PSO Precaching Progress Widget

1 Like

Hey guys… not sure if this is answered previously. Seems like a lengthy thread that goes back a ways. I am using some Screengrabs for backgrounds and it is taking a while for the background to load when the loading screen kicks in. In short I get a world grid texture then after about 2 or 3 seconds my loading screen background texture kicks in. If I am just grabbing some screenshots of my game and using them, how should I be prepping them?

Loading Screen Video Playback stopped working, audio still plays. I’m on Unreal Engine 5.3.2. I’m using ALS for a long time and it works well but for some reason since today the video is not working anymore. I haven’t made any changes to the settings, the last thing I was working on was localisation. Now only audio is playing and I can see the throbber animation. I tried switching to a different video but it’s still just audio playing.

Update: For whatever reason the option “Show Widget Overlay” was True. I have never activated this, maybe it was changed with the plugin update, but setting it to False now shows the video again.

This has been mentioned here many times. It works fine on the packaged build, so you shouldn’t worry about the checker texture during the Standalone build.

Hi, it works perfectly, but I’ve encountered a problem using PCG. The loading screen finishes before vegetation generation. How can I fix this? I use world partition + vegetation generation with PCG. Thanks

PCG code is executed after level loading is complete. You can use a UMG widget to cover the PCG process.

One feature that could be added to the plugin is that when the level has finished loading, it could include a setting that allows you to decide how many more seconds to keep the loading on the screen before disappearing

Hello, I’ve set the new Wait for PSO Precaching to Complete setting to True, but it seems theres still a bunch of PSO Cache items being loaded after the loading screen for the level, including for materials of static meshes placed in the level to be loaded. I don’t know if this is related to this plugin or not, but figure I’d give leaving a message here a try.

I’m kind of at my wits end with this, as the game hitches at the start quite a bit. I’m considering trying bundled PSOs next even though im on engine version 5.4.

It does not relate to the ALS plugin since the plugin only shows the PSO Precaching process via the FShaderPipelineCache::NumPrecompilesRemaining()`. It doesn’t enable or disable PSO Precaching system, the engine does.

Hi there,
first of all thanks a lot for amazing plugin, only real loading solution.

However i have problem when packaging my project.
I am using 5.6.1 unreal engine and in editor everything is working perfectly, i have image sequence on the loading screen with background and startup movies.

When packages, the startup movies did not ended up played and the image sequence is not visible, only the background, i have tried fixing it.

Can you please advise me ?
thanks a lot

It is likely you have packed the Movies folder into the .Pak file