Async Loading Screen

That’s unfortunate :cry:. Thank you so much for checking it for me!
May I ask if there’s a chance you could find a way to work around this limitation in future plugin updates?

I’ll try to find a solution for this issue, but I don’t guarantee that it will be solved :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks again!

Hi, Everything seems to be working with the plugin but when I use a Metahuman I am getting a constant crash.

Assertion failed: IsInGameThread() [File:U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 1549]
Unable to load /Game/MetaHumans/Common/Common/IK_metahuman. Objects and Packages can only be loaded from the game thread.

0x00007ffa37d90328 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!LoadPackageInternal() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp:1549]
0x00007ffa37d8f90b UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!LoadPackage() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp:1958]
0x00007ffa37d8fe50 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!LoadPackage() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp:1931]
0x00007ffa37da248e UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!ResolveName() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp:1184]
0x00007ffa37daf6bb UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!StaticLoadObjectInternal() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp:1268]
0x00007ffa37daeef6 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!StaticLoadObject() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp:1346]
0x00007ffa37db0af2 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!FSoftObjectPath::TryLoad() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\SoftObjectPath.cpp:536]
0x00007ff9ffca3af7 UnrealEditor-IKRig.dll!FSoftObjectPtr::LoadSynchronous() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\SoftObjectPtr.h:56]
0x00007ff9ffc7d367 UnrealEditor-IKRig.dll!UIKRetargetProcessor::ApplySettingsFromAsset() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Animation\IKRig\Source\IKRig\Private\Retargeter\IKRetargetProcessor.cpp:2185]
0x00007ff9ffc89e4b UnrealEditor-IKRig.dll!FAnimNode_RetargetPoseFromMesh::Evaluate_AnyThread() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Animation\IKRig\Source\IKRig\Private\AnimNodes\AnimNode_RetargetPoseFromMesh.cpp:108]
0x00007ffa0dea1f83 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!FPoseLink::Evaluate() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Animation\AnimNodeBase.cpp:396]
0x00007ffa0dea24d6 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!FAnimInstanceProxy::EvaluateAnimationNode_WithRoot() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Animation\AnimInstanceProxy.cpp:1420]
0x00007ffa0dea28d5 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!FAnimInstanceProxy::EvaluateAnimation_WithRoot() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Animation\AnimInstanceProxy.cpp:1341]
0x00007ffa0de22436 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!UAnimInstance::ParallelEvaluateAnimation() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Animation\AnimInstance.cpp:826]
0x00007ffa0e40f408 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!USkeletalMeshComponent::EvaluateAnimation() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Components\SkeletalMeshComponent.cpp:1982]
0x00007ffa0e443b1d UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!USkeletalMeshComponent::PerformAnimationProcessing() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Components\SkeletalMeshComponent.cpp:2074]
0x00007ffa0e442cb9 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!USkeletalMeshComponent::ParallelAnimationEvaluation() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Components\SkeletalMeshComponent.cpp:4017]
0x00007ffa0e40c962 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!FParallelAnimationEvaluationTask::DoTask() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Components\SkeletalMeshComponent.cpp:149]
0x00007ffa0e41604e UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:1310]
0x00007ffa2e3c7ecd UnrealEditor-Core.dll!<lambda_17c904c32264d0348d15245fba0e1bff>::operator()() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Fundamental\Task.h:499]
0x00007ffa2e3d2e93 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!LowLevelTasks::TTaskDelegate<LowLevelTasks::FTask * __cdecl(bool),48>::TTaskDelegateImpl<<lambda_17c904c32264d0348d15245fba0e1bff>,0>::CallAndMove() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Fundamental\TaskDelegate.h:171]
0x00007ffa2e3e36a5 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!LowLevelTasks::FTask::ExecuteTask() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Fundamental\Task.h:627]
0x00007ffa2e3e344c UnrealEditor-Core.dll!LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::ExecuteTask() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\Fundamental\Scheduler.cpp:150]
0x00007ffa2e3be20c UnrealEditor-Core.dll!LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::TryExecuteTaskFrom<LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024>::TLocalQueue,&LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024>::TLocalQueue::DequeueGlobal,0>() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\Fundamental\Scheduler.cpp:350]
0x00007ffa2e4163c2 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::WorkerMain() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\Fundamental\Scheduler.cpp:378]
0x00007ffa2e3d1ae0 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!UE::Core::Private::Function::TFunctionRefCaller<<lambda_be2218a0adc66e92e8734764b1b5dd37>,void __cdecl(void)>::Call() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\Function.h:475]
0x00007ffa2e560f90 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!FThreadImpl::Run() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\HAL\Thread.cpp:67]
0x00007ffa2eab1d32 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:149]
0x00007ffa2eaa7c3a UnrealEditor-Core.dll!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [U:\UnrealEngine\5.0\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:79]
0x00007ffac32526ad KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction
0x00007ffac484a9f8 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction

Crash in runnable thread Foreground Worker #0

There is a crash text also when it happens.

I don’t want to guess at what is happening, but perhaps you can make sense of it and I can implement a fix.
Thank you.

You are loading assets outside of the game thread. It isn’t related to the Async Loading Screen plugin. Are you using AsyncTask or some sort of async assets loading function to load your resource? You may want to check that functions.

No I am just using a Metahuman. This doesn’t occur unless I’m using the Async loading screen plugin.

Support for Unreal Engine 5.3.0 is now available on Marketplace!

2 Likes

Hi, is there any chance that Async Loading can be hooked up to the server travel event?

I’m creating a multiplayer game and the plugin works well so far. But while the level changes in server travel, Async Loading doesn’t trigger on the server or client side. Is there any way to implement it for the server travel or can I maybe hack around this via C++?

Thank you in advance :smiley:

Unfortunately, the Async Loading Screen doesn’t work with Server Travel. The plugin only triggers when you use hard level loading like the “OpenLevel” node. However, you can use UMG for server travel. After new level loading is done, you can show a loading screen in UMG to cover your in-game data loading.

1 Like

I was wondering if its possible to have some of the loading screens have an image while others have a movie playing, since i have cinematica right at the end of some of my levels but on others i dont i was wondering if it was possible to make the loading screen the movie for those that have it and for the ones that don’t to just place an image. Thank you!

I have the same issue when starting the game after upgrading from 4.24 to 5.3
Have you solved this? Setting any of the stretch modes doesn’t help and the checker image displayed every time at first.

This issue has been investigated here

Technically, this issue only happens when you play in the editor (Standalone or Launch). It works fine in the packaged game. So you shouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out Movian? I’m also using Pro Main Menu and Async and have been trying to disable that first load screen with the new nodes provided.

Hey, i was wondering if its possible to remove the black screen after the intro movie?

My intro video plays fine, however there is then a 1 second black screen before showing the level after.

Is there a way to remove this?

Hi, At startup loading screen, the Auto Complete when Loading Completes does not works at beginning. It completly load the game after the minimum Loading Screen Display even if it’s not check. I think is a bug, really weird !

Hi
I have some problem with my packaged project. Hope someone could help me!
I have my startup movies playing fine during development and testing processes on all of my devices. But yesterday I have sent my project to Apple on review and had a chance to become a “tester” for my own project. Installed the game and now instead of playing startup movies my game shows loading between levels screens. Everything besides that works fine. Loading levels works fine and shows correct images.
But no startup movies.

Is it gonna change after uploading the game on App store?

I don’t think it is gonna change. Make sure you test your game carefully before submitting it to the App Store. Also, make sure you add your movies directory to the package build.

Hello Truong Bui,

first of all thank you for this great plugin !

Movies are working on loading level when played from Unreal Engine Editor as stand alone game mobile, but they do not work when testing as a package on a real mobile device.

It seems they are not packaged, since you mentioned in your tutorials that we must copy the video to the Movies folder but not import them, thus they are probably not packaged.

What is the best solution?

Thank you for your help

Hi, please try this solution

1 Like

Thank you. Indeed I had I had Exclude movie files when staging set to true in project settings