Asus RX 6750 XT OC edition "gpu crashed or D3D..."

Hi, I upgraded from an RX 570 to the RX 6750 XT today and have been debugging this for about 7 hours now. I realize this is somewhat common but I’d like to see if anyone else with the same card has been able to get directX 12 working in UE5.

How to replicate:
Open Lyra Starter Game UE5.2.0.

Result:
Error “gpu crashed or D3D Device Removed” appears once project loaded.
Editor crashes when OK pressed.

My setup:
Windows 10
CPU: i5 9400
RAM: 32GB RAM
Drive: 1TB SSD
PSU: Gigabyte 750W 80 Gold
GPU: RX 6750 XT ASUS Dual OC 12GB

I will also add that the project was not only loading but playing with its default settings with my RX 570. The only issue was I would get insufficient VRAM warnings and inconsistent performance, but surprisingly not even that bad when playing.

Steps I’ve taken:

• Updated GPU drivers to most recent directly from AMD
  • Modified TdrDelay and TdrDiDelay as instructed in Epics “how to fix a gpu” guide
  • Tried dropping power down to 90%, I didn’t want to push it further but some people have reported success with that… not me
  • Went back to the store and returned the RX 6750XT for another new RX 6750 XT (the old one was an open box). I then wiped the drivers and clean installed.

The only thing that stops the crashing is downgrading to dx11, but that’s not actually a fix since I would like to use dx12.

Hoping someone out there has a solution…

EDIT:
Wrong pic for RX 570 screenshot, now has the correct one

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Windows 11
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G
RAM: 40GB RAM
Drive: 1TB SSD
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600

1 Like

Alright, I may have found a fix for my issue. I completely forgot to try this, but deleting the Binaries folder, regenerating VS project files, and building a new solution in visual studio now has me running in DX12 without any crashed so far after about 45 minutes of testing.

I really hope this helps others.

I’ll report back if I come across any more GPU crashing.

1 Like

Nice job!