Asus ROG GL552 laptop

Hi guys,
I was thinking of purchasing the Asus ROG GL 552 for game development using Unreal Engine and wondered if I could get an expert opinion on whether this laptop would be a good choice.Also can anybody tell me if Unreal engine 4 is compatible with windows 10.I enclose the link below.

Many thanks,Chris.

https://www.asus.com/au/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/

Yes, UE4 would run on that laptop.
Yes, UE4 runs under Windows 10 just fine.
Concern I’d have about this machine was its relatively small SSD (128GB) & slower HDD speed (5400RPM with one of its options at 7200RPM).
Unless you truly have your heart set on a laptop, you could probably put together a much better desktop system for the same price.

Its a decent laptop, i’m thinking of getting one or a differnent alternative if i can’t get a workstation laptop.

Yeah, my experience with Asus has been pretty bad; I got a motherboard from them that was faulty (the model itself was faulty, rather than the individual board - there was no working BIOS for it).

This is when I discovered they had no customer support. Not just bad customer support, but they genuinely didn’t have customer support at all. I probably talked about my experience in one of those threads, but after that experience I’ve never touched an Asus product again.