Assigning an Event from a Widget - inside a Function

1. I have a Widget that shows up inside the game
  2. When the user is finished going through the widget inside the game - the widget will send out an Event Dispatcher (Call), telling my level blueprint that the widget can be removed or do follow up actions. By ‘Bind Event to Total Screens Reached’
  3. It looks like this at the moment:

I’m trying to package the above into a more compact FUNCTION. However inside my function I am unable to assign ‘Bind Event to Total Screens Reached’ when the widget is finished and sends out the Event Dispatcher. It looks like this at the moment:

Am I missing something? Is there a better way around this? The idea is that this function is suppose to recycle the widget but with a different property (‘Screen’) every time, yet I need to let the blueprint know when it can proceed under the condition that the the widget is finished.

Is there a better way around this?

Hey, i think better approach would be to create separate blueprint actor which will handle the widget stuff and receive events back from your widget instead using level blueprint, this will do things easier. Because you can always access blueprint actor by its reference and call custom events/funcs from any place including widget, by actor’s unique tag or direct reference, blueprint actor just should exist in the world or get spawned in single copy, while communicating with level blueprint is not practical in most cases.

Thanks for this, I give the BP actor a try … so having a widget inside a BP actor … I post back here on the progress