Assets went missing


I have created UE 4.25.3 project. Worked on it for two weeks then i opened it again but some of my assets went missing from content browser (for example my GameMod and my TestingLevel). They are still present in physical folders, but not visible in content browser nor usable anywhere in the project.

I have no filters on, I am in the same directory of the same project, I have not migrated to different version.
“Fix up redirections”, “Validate assets”, restarting UE4, restarting PC and not even creating new project does not help.
I cannot even migrate these missing assets to different project.

What can i do?

Best regards, Gibbon




Bump. Can anyone please help me with this? It jsut stopped my development for over a week now :-/

Try to turn on this filter shown in the picture below and see if the files are there. If you see Redirector files appearing in your Content Browser, try to right-click the redirector → Fix up.


Otherwise, there’s a great chance those files are corrupted and cannot be displayed in the Content Browser. Or it might be a totally different reason I had not known of. Hope this helps you getting some clues.

Also another pro tip is to set up a source control (Git, SVN, etc.) for your project. Next time when this situation happens again, you can restore previous working versions of the files from your repository safely.

Ok I see the problem now,
It seems my files got corrupted before I managed to store them in versioning system.
Content of the files that are not loaded is just full o 0x00 characters…

So it seems I have to do everything from start…

Thanks for answer, I have tried turning on the filter but nothing changed unfortunately.

I have found out that during load of the project I get:

BP_PlayerBase.uasset' contains unrecognizable data, check that it is of the expected type.
BP_BaseProjectile.uasset' contains unrecognizable data, check that it is of the expected type.

There are some of the missing assets (definitely not all of them).

here I saw some solution but its not the case, my ObjectVersion.h is same as the latest version in github :-/