Assets disappearing from the content browser

My users and I are seeing an issue in 4.11 that is preventing assets from displaying in the content browser.

The normal asset structure I’ve used is:

Shaders
--CelShader
----Presets
--Landscape
--Water

etc.

There SHOULD be assets in here, but after upgrading to 4.11 they’re missing from the content browser only.

I just happened to have one of the assets in use from before upgrading from 4.10. When I open it and click on the magnifying glass to find the missing parent material, a copy of the CelShader folder from above appears at the root level, outside of Shaders. This time it has all of the content in it. The old empty folder structure remains.

I think this only happens after upgrading from 4.10, I’ll test more tomorrow and verify that adding marketplace assets into 4.11 projects is OK or not.

Hey -

You mentioned assets being lost and copies of folders where they shouldn’t be. So just to confirm, it sounds like the folder structure in the content browser was lost after upgrading? Let me know if I’m understanding correctly or if there any other information you can provide?

Here’s a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/P3MvruP.png

And a shot of the empty directories: http://i.imgur.com/vuJhfJD.png

Everything inside Mobile, Landscape, Water and SampleSharedAssets has also disappeared, apart from the folder structure.

The folders my assets come with are “SampleSharedAssets” and “Shaders” and these are the only folders affected.

This is what I see in explorer: http://i.imgur.com/l4U3B0R.png - These aren’t the missing assets, just some redirectors I think.

It also looks like I didn’t upgrade this project from 4.10 as I thought, it was started in 4.11 and the assets were added to it as a 4.11 project, so at least for a little while the assets were in the right place.

I just created a new 4.11 project and injected the assets and they’ve appeared, but it seems like the issue doesn’t occur straight away. I don’t have time to test a new project completely unfortunately.

It sounds as though the folder structure wasn’t preserved when the assets were added. If you have multiple copies of the folders, and one of the copies does have the assets inside, then I would just remove the unnecessary folders and reorganize the remaining folders as desired.

Cheers

Alright, so you understand what’s wrong. That isn’t a remedy however.

1. There are still hundreds of assets missing from both the content browser and explorer.
  2. My user reported that most of the assets never even made it to the project.

I’ve been trying to get more information from him but it may take some time. I’d like to not consider the issue resolved until we can say for sure whether there’s a bug or not. I don’t want people paying for my asset then just giving up when they find it didn’t download properly or something.

I’m not sure what more I can do to investigate without more information. Where are the assets coming from? How are they being added to the project? You mentioned that adding the assets to a new project had them show up properly, are you able to re-add them to the affected project?

You can start by suggesting what information you want. This is your platform, what specific logs do you need? I will pour over the right log and go all the way back until I find what you’re after.

The assets are being added to the project from the marketplace via the launcher. I’m hesitant to re-add them as this is my only malfunctioning example, but I’ll make a copy of the project and see what happens when I re-inject into the original tonight if that will help you. It’s possible that after that we’ll no longer have an example of what’s going wrong though.

As I’ve said, my concern isn’t for my project, I’ve simply been able to replicate it by chance. My concern is people are paying for content and in some cases they’re not able to use it.

Can you identify which assets from the marketplace you’re attempting to use that aren’t showing up? From my understanding, you’re saying that after simply adding the assets to the project, they are not visible in the content browser? If possible could you provide a copy of the project where the assets aren’t showing up? If you’re able to zip the project folder, you can either attach it to a comment here or upload it and send me a download link in a PM on the forums for privacy.

Yup, I’ll send you a mega link on the forums. What’s your forum handle?

You should be able to find me as “”

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

Miisnig assets link every update ue editor - I also experience these - NO SOLUTIONS - BAD SIGNS

Hi, I have found the solution now, maybe it will help.
If your assets was referenced in blueprints that can be opened or maps, datatables that contains the missing assets, open those blueprints/maps/datatables and browse to the missing assets, then all missing assets will come back now.