Asset Pack resource removed after importing

I created an asset pack from this guide with no problem in creation: Creating asset pack

But when I import the asset, the material, and static mesh resources disconnected.
How can I solve that?

Hey @amin.khormaei

it is very important that you keep the same name for your folders. So if you create your assets in a project they have to be in a folder called MyContentPack inside the Content folder (for my tutorial). This is necessary because the links / references are relative. If you change the name, e.g. from Content / MyContentICreated inside your project to Content / MyContentPack inside the asset pack folder => missing links / references. Which reminds me that I maybe should add that to the tutorial.

1 Like

Thank you and thanks for this great tutorial.

I have another question, is that possible to use a unique name for folder, for each asset pack that I create. what should I do?

should I change the name of one of the folders in the folder tree, or a change in a json file or both?

Hey @amin.khormaei

with the files from the tutorial you can put different folders inside

\ContentPack\Samples\MyContentPack\Content

because inside the config.ini we use

[AdditionalFilesToAdd]
+Files=Samples/MyContentPack/Content/*.*

So it packs everything inside that folder. This way you would have multiple folders inside ONE feature pack.

If you want different feature packs for each of the different folders you could copy the tutorial files, extract/migrate your content and change the name inside the *.json file and inside the *.bat file.

1 Like