Asset geometry goes crazy when packiaging to Android

An amphora model I’ve built in Blender and looks OK in UE4 gets weird geometry when I package my game on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android version 6.0.
On UE4:

In Android:

This actually happens quite a lot for me, and almost always with models that are concave/have a hollow interior - cups, bowls, vases, etc.

Hey 00shahaf,

Do your models have more than one LOD level? The mesh on mobile seems to be much lower poly than the mesh in editor (could just be the face normals causing it to look chunky though).

Can you send me the fbx and blend file that causes this?

Hi,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

For whoever’s faced with a similar problem and finds himself here: the solution is to break up the model into several .fbx files. In my case, I broke up the amphora to body, neck, and handles, and that did the trick

Hey 00shahaf,

While that’s a good workaround, I’d still like to investigate this issue. Any chance you can send me your original FBX?

It doesn’t allow me to send an fbx. Says it’s an invalid file type

You can only send txt and zip files. Just zip it and upload.