Assertion failed: NumBytes == Strings.Num()

Hello I get this error:
LoginId:cee055dc4576298d0220d987cadffb96
EpicAccountId:99ce811b69a84e5e89473d80ee2c129d

Assertion failed: NumBytes == Strings.Num() [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/UObject/UnrealNames.cpp] [Line: 3336]

UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:104]
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:461]
UE4Editor_Core!LoadSeparatedNameBatchInShardOrder() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\UObject\UnrealNames.cpp:3336]
UE4Editor_Core!FNameBatchLoader::Load() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\UObject\UnrealNames.cpp:3472]
UE4Editor_Core!LoadNameBatch() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\UObject\UnrealNames.cpp:3481]
UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetRegistryReader::FAssetRegistryReader() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\AssetRegistry\Private\AssetRegistryArchive.cpp:140]
UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetDataGatherer::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\AssetRegistry\Private\AssetDataGatherer.cpp:524]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

Its showing only when I try to run exactly one ue4 project.

1 Like

Hi,

I found this forum thread: Unreal Engine 5 crashes on Start up - #2 by eonridr. It is originally from an Unreal Engine 5 issue, but a few comments into the thread state that the proposed fix works for 4.26 and 4.27. Here is the answer from user Varxon:

This error comes from a corrupted CachedAssetRegistry.bin file. Reinstalling it does not fix the file.
To fix this, you are going to want to go to file location C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\5.0\Intermediate - Locate the file named CachedAssetRegistry.bin and delete it. After deleting it, you should be able to launch

Obviously, just adjust the directory to match where this file will be located. I hope this works, and good luck :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s not work, but thanks you

That`s worked for me. Thanks!

If another project opens with same engine version then probably the problem is with local CachedAssetRegistry.bin in your project.

SOLUTION: Delete the Intermediate folder then generate visual studio project.
Make sure there no error in your project’s source code otherwise it will not compile.

1 Like

thank you that worked for me

This works for me

IT WORKS. Thanks you so much !!!

Worked on 4.27! Thank you!

This one worked for me 4.27.