Assertion failed: CurrentPos + Count

I get this error when trying to open a project of mine. I don’t know what it means and what to do and I couldnt find the exact assertions failed type on google. I already deleted my saved and intermediate files but that didn’t work so I placed them back.

Whole error:

Assertion failed: CurrentPos + Count <= TotalSizeOrMaxInt64IfNotReady() [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.18+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 7719] Seeked past end of file …/…/…/…/…/…/Users/(User)/Documents/Unreal Projects/OpenShooter/Content/ThirdPersonBP/Blueprints/OpenShooter_1_.uasset (153409031 / 105506)

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:414]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FArchiveAsync2::Serialize() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:7723]
UE4Editor_Core!operator<<() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\containers\string.cpp:1351]
UE4Editor_Engine!UAssetImportData::Serialize() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\editorframework\assetimportdata.cpp:274]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::Preload() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3300]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!EndLoad() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1554]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1333]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackage() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1430]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Map_Load() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:2492]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::HandleMapCommand() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5968]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Exec() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5445]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Exec() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedsrv.cpp:672]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadMap() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:2229]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadDefaultMapAtStartup() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:3477]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FUnrealEdMisc::OnInit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedmisc.cpp:348]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedglobals.cpp:97]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:150]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.18+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

Running into the exact same issue, so if you happened to solve it please post!

Hi Guys,
I assume you were able to fix this issue by now. But in case anyone else stumbles upon this issue, maybe this helps:

I had this issue when opening a packaged project. This was caused by a blueprint that was saved in a newer version than the version loaded in the editor. In c++ the class for this blueprint had an additional UPROPERTY. This was not displayed in the blueprint editor (probably something with hot reload).

To fix this, I suggest the following steps:

1. Recompile the code in the editor
  2. Restart the editor (so the blueprint is not hot reloaded anymore)
  3. Make sure your blueprint contains all the properties
  4. Package again
  5. Enjoy your game (hopefully)