Asking for an advice about my combat system

Hi
I am trying to make a combat system that is similar to the kylo ren sequence from star wars battlefront 2 (without blocking bullets with your sword obviously) and I was thinking how to make the player feel like a badass but still have the sense of challenge so I am currently thinking of a system where two near-random enemies will have the priority to attack while other will be a little bit far waiting for the chosen ones to be killed or to defend themselves from any unexpected attack from the player. Enemies will not be able to block attacks cause it will slow the pace but they will be able to dodge them. Will that be sufficient enough or it should be more complex?

thanks in advance

I think I’m following what you’re talking about. Does this mean you’ll be limiting enemy combat group sizes to 3 actors? Regardless, I think having enemies swap their roles from attackers to observers when they get low on health would also make things more engaging.

Without knowing what your project is though (side-scroller, third-person action, first-person, etc) it’s hard to really give much in the line of feedback as what could work in one type of game may not work at all in another type of game.

thanks for your feedback
I’m working on a third-person, hack and slash game. currently, I’m stuck with the combat system trying to make it as natural as possible without being messy.
I appreciate any suggestions.

cheers