Artnet in UE4?

Hi,

I working on a project who need controle virtual lights with Artnet protocol.
And I wanted to know if its possible to use “Arnet” in UE4 and how , if is not to much.
I watch some doc , but i’m really lost with the subject…

If you can help me , I will appreciate.

Thx

Of corse it’s possible if you use C++, it’s fully functional C++ so you technically can do anything. You have 2 options, either get some external library or implement protocol yourself

Here you have how to use external libraries in UE4 in static and dynamic linking:

Remember to look on library licence, you can’t use GPL or CC or any other invasive licences with UE4.

Since this seem to use UDP you can use network socket to communicate, of corse you would need to implement entire protocol support (you also need to study it’s specification), but what you trying to do is simple you can just stright up send static data. Here you have some examples of UDP use

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/c-gameplay-programming/25008-communication-between-ue4-and-a-python-udp-server?54343-Communication-Between-UE4-and-a-Python-UDP-Server=

Here links to API refrence:

1st option is easiest, just remember to watch out for licencing.

Also, there no need to modify enigne for this, by making game module or plugin module, you already extending engine and practically it’s the same as modifying the engine code. So whatever you do do it in your module.

Thanks for you answer. I will check that

Hi,

I don’t know if that helps (it’s also a bit late), but Lightact media server works with UE4. You output the UE4 texture to Lightact and from there you can map it to Art-Net.

Lightact page:

UE4 integration tutorials:

If you want to receive Art-Net in UE4 have a look at this tutorial:

Cheers,
Mitja