[ARTICLE] IARC Info + Rating Guides (Global and USA)

UNDERSTANDING THE IARC

For those who might be unfamiliar, I’d like to provide some information on what the International Age Rating Coalition (IARC) is . The IARC operates as a key entity in the realm of global game ratings. Supported by the world’s leading game rating authorities, its mandate is to facilitate the age classification process for digital games and mobile applications. This ensures a standardized age rating system is available to global consumers, promoting clarity and understanding.

Today, Epic announced, that starting from October 16th, Fortnite Creative/UEFN will be integrating with the IARC rating system.

Read Epic’s announcement here : IARC RATINGS IN FORTNITE ARE COMING SOON

As part of this transition, it’s imperative for creators to be well-versed in the nuances of these ratings. Familiarity with this system will ensure that content ratings are both accurate and aligned with international standards.

IARC RATING GUIDES

In light of all this, I wanted to share the IARC ratings guide and take the time to encourage all creators to delve into the specifics of each rating category. By doing so, we can ensure that the content we produce is correctly classified and upholds the professional standards of our platform and the broader gaming community.

Please bookmark these links!

ESRB (USA) - Ratings and Meanings

GLOBAL - Ratings and Meanings

I hope this info proves useful! :slight_smile:

Stay Inspired,

Dragon

View my Featured Tutorials by Epic