Trotzkind is a Berlin based content and technology studio for immersive media like VR, AR, 360° video, games, films and interactive installations.
In May 2017 Trotzkind developed HUXLEY – a location based Multiuser VR game produced by EXIT VR, where you meet a cool Al and save the world in 44 minutes. HUXLEY is one of the first VR Escape Rooms worldwide. In addition to many other nominations, HUXLEY won the German Computer Game Award 2018 for Best Innovation.
For our upcoming VR game, we are looking for a Art Director (m/f/d). The game will combine the immersion and immediacy of VR-Gaming with the multiperspectival approach of Public History to create a narrative-driven VR Adventure.
- As the eye of the party, you will define the game’s visual language.
- You will work together with the creative director and other departments to realize the project’s creative vision
- You will create game-ready assets for VR on mobile hardware
- You are a master of 3D modelling software (Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tools).
- You have a good understanding of UV layout and current texturing pipelines (Photoshop or Substance, Quixel)
- You have an understanding of game engines (Unreal) and a feeling for good level design
- You are a problem solver and trouble-shooter
- You are a team player and you are curious to learn
*Some of your bonus skills: *
- You have experience with character creation and motion capturing (Reallusion, Xsense or other)
- You have experience with VR and its specific demands as related to art creation
- You have an interest in historical topics
*Your rewards: *
- You will work on an innovative new VR game with historical background and an adventure story
- You will have great creative freedom and the possibility to try out new technologies and pipelines
- You will work together with other game and VR nerds in Berlin with a big collection of board games at the office
If you want to accept the quest send us your application including CV, references, portfolio and availability to [EMAIL=“email@example.com”]firstname.lastname@example.org.