Arrival | Unreal Engine 5

Hi everyone, I’d like to share my latest UE project. A tribute to Arrival by Denis Villeneuve, one of my all time favourite sci-fi films.

I used Livelink to Metahumans for the facial animation, while other movements were animated manually. I wanted to add a lot more to this mood piece in terms of dialogue, sweeping landscapes and more visual flare but I quickly ran out of time. Hopefully it’s something I can pursue for my next project.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this!

Thank you,
Jay

LinkedIn | Instagram | ArtStation | Behance

10 Likes

Gorgeous shots, lighting and compositions. What an amazing tribute to a great movie! Loved the facial animaitons, great use of the live link!

2 Likes

@Rok.Pat, I couldn’t have said it better myself! @JayHPatel, Your tribute to “Arrival” is brilliant; thank you for sharing it with us here in the forums! I only wish you had more time to add the other elements you couldn’t, specifically dialogue because that’s the only thing I feel is missing. Nevertheless, your creation is terrific, and I hope we get to see the next project you produce! :grin:

1 Like

Hi there @JayHPatel,

Hope you’re doing well and having a great week so far :slight_smile:

I just watched this movie with my friends! Was a genuinely brilliant take on alien life and humanity. You did a terrific job of showcasing the beauty of this movie and how utterly haunting it was.

Thank you for sharing this masterpiece and I hope to see more of your work around the forums :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @Rok.Pat, really appreciate the kind words! There were some limitations to Live Link but it worked great for close up shots

1 Like

Thank you @Zezkaii, appreciate the support! I had an entire section planned out for a brief monologue but I currently don’t own a mocap suit and didn’t want to embarrass myself by trying to animate it manually haha! I’ll keep this in mind and work towards that for my next project

1 Like

Hey @PresumptivePanda I’m great thank you, hope you are as well!

I agree, it’s a great film and a breath of fresh air in relation to other sci-fi media. Thank you for the support, it’s great seeing and interacting with talent from all around the world on these forums. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The pleasure is all mine, and no worries! Even without the added dialogue, the finished creation turned out splendid. Kudos again on a job well done. :smile:

1 Like

Amazing job! That’s great! I subscribe to you in the artstation

1 Like

Congrats, really impressive work!

1 Like

Wow, this is great! Respect for your skills…

1 Like