hey guys, I’m having a slight issue trying to get some arrays and save the data that I store in them, please note i’m new to save/load and arrays so this is slightly out of my league, despite watching youtube videos.
in my game when A player dies a widget appears that allows you to place your name in an input textbox and it will display your score next to it. Once the player clicks on a button that says update leaderboard, it should update the leaderboard but it doesn’t. The worst part is I receive no errors so the game thinks it works, I guess. I imagine the issue is with the saving or loading
part of the blueprints.
Any helpful advice would be highly appreciated!
Okay, to explain this blueprint:
- The player clicks the button
- The game then checks if the save slot exists, if it does then the branch = true and if it doesn’t the branch = false (Please note that after this true and false do the same thing
- The image shows the following of if the game slot “LeaderBoard” doesn’t exit. It then creates a game slot
- It then casts to MySave (where the arrays are stored)
- It then casts to RotationCharacter (where the score is stored)
- It then adds the score to the array
- It then adds the name to the array
- It then saves the game to slot Leaderboard and finally quits the game
- None of this throws an error when I run it, weirdly. And the array doesn’t update, either.
This blueprint is where the arrays are stored, This blueprint is based off SaveGame. There is nothing here but the arrays.