I think this is actually a bug, I have a open world car game project, when I go to the store, I can by a new car, thus adding the bought car into the array of cars the player own (a Pawn Class array), and it saves fine.
But then, when I select the car at the garage and confirm it, it saves your selection in another variable to spawn it and even when you quit and reload, however, the 'owning cars" array gets reseted for no reason, and I noticed that it’s caused by the create save game node, even with actors that save information but nothing related to this Array variable still makes it reseting for just being able to create a save game.
I am having trouble reproducing your issue on our end. I have a couple of questions for you to help me narrow down the issue you are experiencing.
- Are you able to reproduce this issue in a new project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps so I can reproduce your issue on our end?
- Could you provide screenshots of your affected blueprints?
Hello , I still have this issue even after migrating to a new project, I’ve tought that it was an issue alongside another one with my missions not disappearing after being done, but it was just the fact for that case I’ve had the loadgame in the Player Controller using an Event Tick instead of Event Begin play only.
The only difference for the Array of pawns is that it only gets reseted after reloading the game when I use something that creates a Save Game.
Here is two Screenshots
- The player controller loading the SaveGame
- the BP for the car store, where it checks if the player have sufficient funds, and if it have, add the new car to the array reference and and subtract for the price of the car from your wallet and then it saves into the SaveGame Car Array.
I was still unable to reproduce your issue. Being able to see your project directly would greatly help my investigation of your issue! You can message me privately on the forums here:
I made a “fix”
I had to cast the player controller and get the array + the Save Game one, for each actor that can save in order to maintain the stuff.