Download

Array Blueprint Chairs

Greetings!

I’m creating a stadium and I want the chairs to dynamically get created via blueprint. I have a single chair static object inside of a blueprint called "BP_Suite_Chair. I want about 100 chairs to dynamically get created and duplicate itself to the right.

Inside my Event Graph I only have a variable “Suite Chair Array” with the Variable Type set to “Actor” and the array button on. But I have no idea what to do next to start the array function. Any suggestions?

After array creation you will need to run your chair mesh through a loop that counts to 100 and spawn a new chair each time with incremented location offset.
If you need examples, Tappy Chicken uses array’s to create the obstacles in that game, I imagine it would be similar. Except you won’t needs the bit that removes the mesh after passing a specified location like Tappy does it.

Great thanks! I’ll look into using this method.

I can’t find anything on Tappy Chicken and Arrays. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I was looking for a tutorial on it, but I don’t think that exist.